Our Neck is supported by the bones, ligaments, and muscles support our head and allow for motion. Any abnormalities, inflammation, or injury can cause neck pain or stiffness. And pain is caused by injury from a fall, contact sports, or whiplash. Sometimes neck muscles can be strained from poor posture — whether it’s leaning over your computer or hunching over your workbench. Osteoarthritis is also another common cause of neck pain.. Sometimes pain in the neck is worsened with movement of the neck or turning the head
Signs and symptoms include:
- Pain that’s often worsened by holding your head in one place for long periods, such as when driving or working on a computer
- Muscle tightness and spasms
- Decreased ability to move your head
- Other symptoms include numbness, tingling, tenderness, sharp shooting pain.
In our body there are seven vertebrae that are bony building blocks of the spine in the neck (the cervical vertebrae) that surrounds the spinal cord and canal. Between these vertebrae are discs, and nearby pass the nerves of the neck. Within the neck, structures include the skin, neck muscles, arteries, veins, larynx, and trachea. Diseases or conditions that affect any of these tissues of the neck can lead to neck pain.
- Pain: The pain seems sharp, but pain can also be described as dull, burning, crampy -like, or stabbing. Pain can also lead to loss of range of motion.
- Numbness: When the nerves are pinched, bruised, or cut, you may not be able to feel things normally. This may cause a burning or tingling sensation, a loss of sensation, or an altered sensation similar to having your arm “fall asleep.”
- Swelling: This may be generalized to the whole arm or may be localized over the involved structured area or an inflamed bursa.
- . Muscle spasms or tightness may simulate actual swelling. Dislocation or deformity may cause a swollen appearance or, paradoxically, a sunken area.
- Our excellent physiotherapists at Sara Rehab are the ultimate experts in body function and will assess and treat the symptoms with clinical analysis and hands-on treatment.. Our main focus is to restore your mobility and gain strength so that your movements are once again pain-free and comfortable.
- Our registered physiotherapists at Sara Rehab can help you overcome your most physical ailments including muscle pain, joint mobility problems, weight management and neurological issues.
Our goal at Sara Rehab is to get rid of your Neck pain from our expert physiotherapists by calling 905 497 4550